MADAM BUTTERFLY FINISHED

Originally posted on the MA Character animation course blog, published February 12th 2015.

The Madam Butterfly acting exercise was supposed to be finished this week, the final deadline is in another two weeks, but with the Unit 1 assessment getting closer, I was determined to finish it as quickly as possible.

The rough animation was done by the start of the week, so what I had left was to figure out what program to use for the cleanup. In my bachelor’s degree, the only programs we were offered was the Adobe programs and eventually Flash ended up being the most used for clean up because it was the fastest way, but I was never completely satisfied with the look of  my animations done in flash as they in my eyes are came out very flat looking. I still uses my old Wacom tablet, but I’ve never gotten used to drawing on the tablet while looking up upon a screen. This is why I’m saving for a Cintiq!

So anyway, I decided to try to do it in Photoshop which I’ve always avoided since people say it’s quite hard to navigate in when you are trying to animate, and it is. But after a week of work I managed to finish it, and I’m very pleased with it. Just from experience with Flash I though this looked much more appealing and not as “flat”. I felt I managed to keep much more of the original rough animation when using Photoshop. Still it was was an anoying program to work with animation in so from now on my goal is to teach myself TvPaint! And buy a cintiq.

Here is the finished result:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s